How to Use the PSC Online Complaints Form
To learn if the PSC has regulatory authority regarding your complaint, click on
the link "When to call the PSC". If the company you wish to complain against does
not appear in the selection box, the PSC most likely does not regulate the company,
or has limited authority.
Select an industry from the radio button options, which displays radio buttons for
complaint type and a list of companies. For Water & Wastewater companies, you may
optionally select a county from the dropdown list. The company list will display regulated water companies in the selected county, if any.
- Select a complaint type (e.g., Delay in Service).
- Select the company you wish to file a complaint against by clicking on the name in the company selection list. Your submission options will now be displayed at the bottom of the page.
- Fill in your contact information. Fields marked with an asterisk are required for submission.
- If the PSC was contacted previously regarding this specific complaint, check the appropriate box.
- If the Contact and Service Information are identical, check the appropriate box. You can later edit the information that was copied over.
- Type in your complaint. Please provide as much information as possible.
If the company accepts direct submission of complaints, select whether to file your
complaint to the company or to the PSC. Please note according to PSC rules, whenever
a complaint is e-mailed directly to the company from the PSC's internet Web site,
the company should acknowledge the customer's e-mail no later than the working day
after the date of receipt. If you do not hear from the company, or should the matter
still not be resolved after contact with the company, please let us know.
- Click the Submit button and record your tracking number for future reference.
Problems Using the Form
If you do not see the Submit button, make sure you have selected a company because
different companies have different submission options.
If you receive a "500 - Internal Error", remove special characters such as angle
brackets <> from your complaint and re-submit. If the error persists, please contact